Democracy Update: Wednesday 26th July 2006
This is how the world's Democracy looks at 17:30 GMT
- Is President Yushchenko growing a spine? Apparently "Ukraine Is Facing Serious Threat Of Isolation" and thus the Head of State is fully prepared to use his constitutional right to maintain Ukraine's Euro-Atlantic integration.
- Russia Profile looks at the current situation in Transdnestr, where the local leaders (read gangsters) are planning a referendum to confirm the regions independence from Moldova.
- The Age has an update on the situation in Thailand, where a real chance for a Pluralistic, Democratic election in October is taking shape.
- RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty has analysis of the current Georgian military maneuvers in Kodori Gorge. Is Abkhazia next?
- And whilst the death count rises, Israel gets the green light to carry on it's Lebanese operations. Don't worry - no need for the UN. Not like there is a humanitarian crisis or anything...
That's all from the revived update for today guys, take care.